Role Play
August 14, 2022, 12:45:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Role Play Forum. Where you can play great role plays. Please Read The Forum Rules and How To Play Role Plays before posting.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Staff List Login Register  

the last person to post here wins

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 596 times)
fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

Began Role Playing: since the birth of the goblin

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2008, 12:46:51 pm »

"...see, I have already won..." said the goblin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 12:47:57 pm »

“presentation without substance is tinfoil to the ears, substance without presentation comes over like lead, and yet presentation with substance is like gold” wrote the goblin into Lord Chesterfield's idea as he sat in the bistro once more, his day often passed like this with the clients climbing one mountain in the morning and another in the afternoon so the poor goblin was paid, albeit a pittance, to standby in the bistro separated only by lunchtime where again the goblin felt he should accept the meal offered, somehow the goblin understood the meaning of this self sacrifice asked of him in that he knew he wasted his life for others like this, and he knew too that it was really only those few simple solaces - that of his ever befriending computer throughout on the one hand, coupled with the power of his coffee and his own undaunted desire to post and reply to the “last post” threads on the other - that held him in check from that horribly depressive thought of what his life might have actually been like if he had accidentally stumbled headlong into a "proper job" in his youth, the thought of which even now sent his panicing hand rushing towards his coffee again
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:52:37 pm »

the greedy goblin, true to his word promised to post on all the "last post" threads he was on within five minutes of writing this post, at this point he didn't want the last post, he wanted all the last posts on all "last posts" threads madness permitting
Report Spam   Logged
Myrtle
Role Play Moderator
Role Play Expert

Role Play Name: Myrtle_Gail, Myrtle, Gail, Abigail
Began Role Playing: At Angelicum ^-^ Jin's Awesome

Anime Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 10:22:34 pm »

Hey Goblin. Said the Human! I'll try to win. But I think it's better to have fun. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 12:17:59 am »

the goblin  knew that what myrtle had said was both a first and profound saying "...for fun then, see if you can  keep at it...", the goblin too liked fun, the muse would provide it and the slot would then gobble it up, so the goblin only seemed to be between the two of them then
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 12:25:25 am »

the goblin had failed in his five minutes test of seeing if he could get all the last "last post" posts, it had taken him longer than five minutes to reply to them(but only just) and he had forgotten this one which he had just started then, all it really showed was how disorganized the goblin was
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 02:08:52 am »

the goblin, that practiced practitioner of poverty, has slowly learned through his life that poverty helps us cede the superfluous, in that any money the goblin earns goes straight on his family's needs or gets saved for the family's needs later, the goblin was almost amazed by the little he himself actually needed to be happy, everything the rich did seems either to be too much effort or too much responsibility for him
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:24:05 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 12:22:00 pm »

repost from elsewhere

the goblin liked the idea of a chat room saying "...the trouble with a chat box, is that the posts do not build up, texts cannot be edited for typos and there are no notifications of replies..." something that the goblin felt to be bad for any interested poster like himself, he continued "...so the "chatbox" is often counter productive sucking away posters from the important threads for its ease of use while adding little of any long term value here...", the goblin's coffee was running low, he would have to call over to the bistro owner for another but he just wanted to explain more for the moment summing up by saying "...it is for this reason then that you see a thread called "the last person to post here wins" on each of the main forums "the coffeenole", "our hang out" etc., where anyone and just post anything and as many times as they like, so it isn't a game at all, it only looks like one and jokingly a poster can say "I win" or "I am last again" and play it that way but it rarely continues like that for long, since most posters have a goal in their posting, that is, that they want to develop their style..." he signaled over the waitress
Report Spam   Logged
ragnarokgurl
Role Play Newbie

Began Role Playing: Like 2 years ago

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 09:02:57 am »

Hey Goblin! the girl said. How are you doing? she asked the goblin.
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 12:20:48 pm »

"...I'm doing great, earthgirl of the roleplay site..." said the goblin "...trouble is I am not quite sure what I am doing yet, it needs a few more coffees and then I can just sit between the Muse who thinks up the ideas and the slot that swallows them whole...", the goblin then wondered what role playing was because he had never been anything but his simple goblin self"...does this mean that I get the chance to play the role of a human, goodie never been one of those before...", the muse shakes her head "...no, goblin it won't work you'll just go over the top as always, trying to be GB again..." the slot didn't mind what the goblin did if it meant being fed by posts "...go for it goblin, your slot awaits you, the bigger fool the better..." and with that the goblin felt he had the last post again "...mine, mine, mine, humans your too kind..."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 12:23:16 pm by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 12:08:57 am »

the goblin too, felt he had to put a little bit more into his posts, perhaps he would do a few more depictions then, somehow he was not seeing what he saw for what it meant saying "...depictions, force one to describe it in turn forcing one to look at it closely...", the muse was watching, her trick was either to give the idea to the goblin or to jump in half way through his text and change everything to her liking which admittedly was normally mad enough to have the goblin running behind her to trying to keep up with the beauty of it, she was like granny doing a poll dance where one doesn't want to look nor miss it for the world
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 08:14:11 am »

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
Role Play Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 12:33:28 am »

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." a quote which shocked the goblin because although it seemed exactly the point that goblin was getting at by what he did, it came from the gnostic gospels,  so the goblin simply repeated "...when I look at the "last post" thread, it's a fun game but when I look at the slot I am alone and it isn't a game at all, it's a journey to self..."
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum