Role Play
April 16, 2024, 03:10:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Role Play Forum. Where you can play great role plays. Please Read The Forum Rules and How To Play Role Plays before posting.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Staff List Login Register  

The Role Play System

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Role Play System  (Read 491 times)
Myrtle
Role Play Moderator
Role Play Expert

Role Play Name: Myrtle_Gail, Myrtle, Gail, Abigail
Began Role Playing: At Angelicum ^-^ Jin's Awesome

Anime Girl

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:26:41 pm »

THE RP SYSTEM

Myrtle: Finding good RP's is challenging and grueling. And in the end, you might find yourself disappointed. Either by how the roleplay goes or you're manner of doing it. First of all, you must know you're own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to writing. You mustn't go around saying you're 'literate', just because you want to, or simply because you want to gain some respect in this site. Thats just stupid. You should know that gaining a mere title does not make you a better person or writer/roleplayer.

Jin: I can't stress enough how many times I have seen the above paragraph unravel before my eyes. The title says 'literate', but all I end up reading is something like:

d girl went 2 d hus and layd on d bed den she herd a screm nd she saw d body op er bf all blody...
she was terifid!!1one!!!1!!!!

And blah, blah, blah. -___-
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I have seen far too many 'posers' and I'm tired of how those RP's go. All these people have to do is ADMIT that they're not good in it. The mods would be more than happy to assist you in illiterate RP categories. Be humble. Capich'?

Myrtle: Thank you, Jin. ^___^
Now, after finding you're ideal patch of roleplays, it is advised that you choose between the 'Listed Introduction' or the more challenging, 'Paragraphed Introduction'. Jin? May you be kind enough to explain?

Jin: *ahem* Oh, yes.

Examples of list intro~

Name: (name of char here)
Description: (If you're feeling lazy, you can always post a pic)
Personality: (Give your character's personality and behavior pattern)

Extras such as 'Powers', 'Race', 'Species' and 'Markings' may be inluded as extras, depending on the RP.

Example of paragraphed intro~

A lightning bolt streaked through the shady forests of Darkon. The sky was starless and the nightly air was moist.

“Have you finished her off?” A haunting voice gently echoes through the dense mist.
“Yes, Shelid. Bobor will never bring harm to this world, or any other. Not from where she’s standing!”
A deep second voice replied. It was a short overly weight man and the one he was talking to was an ominously thin woman. Strangely, they were both wearing clothes crossed between that of clowns, and court jesters.

Where am I? So familiar, but…

“Now that little sister Bobor is no longer here, what shall be our next destination?” The chubby man asked in a delighted tone. He was glowing with a sharp sense of pride. “I’m sorry… our destination?” The woman said darkly, the familiar spark of intelligence streaked gingerly through her eyes. There was a moment of silence, tension was building. The girl, who appeared to be a simple passerby, was at the wrong place at the seemingly wrong time.

Run. Run, now!

The girl screamed in her head, but she just couldn’t move.
There was something about this that simply told her to stay-put. At first, the man seemed rather puzzled. But after finding himself drowning into his sister's eyes, he immediately (and finally) anticipated her mortifying intentions. “Sister, you…” The man’s eyes flared up with sudden anger and disbelief.
Unfortunately, his sentence was cut short. He was flying through the air before he could even think of reacting. “Shelid, you monster… What have you done?!” He screamed furiously at the slender figure, now looming above him with a manic grin plastered onto her expression.

Think! Where have I heard this before?

“My dear brother… I’ve done nothing wrong! It is you who did it all for me.” Like it wasn't a hellish nightmare already, the woman dissolved into an intoxicating fume of purple mist.
“Say goodbye to this world, and perish as I open a new era!” Shelid’s laugh echoed into the rupturing landscape. Everything was blurred by a shade of sinister black. The bystander stood among the bushes while the black mist consumed her, still unable to move.

Fading… fading…

Wake up, wake up, c’mon… Wake up!

Another streak of lightning flashed. This time, its lights focusing into a room, briefly giving the place an eerie glow. The sudden reminisce of light lasted long enough to see a 13-year-old girl sleeping, her palms  enclosed tightly into fists, while sweat drenching her light frame.

Myrtle: Again, thank you Jin, for you're explanation. Hope this board helps. Certain questions may be entertained here. *bows*

Jin: *bows with Myrtle*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:42:17 pm by Jinmei » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jinmei
Role Play Head Master
Role Play Newbie

Role Play Name: Jin - Reikka S.
Began Role Playing: Summer of 2004, on Neopets (though I don't RP there anymore)

Never let yourself go for temporary pleasure.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 11:01:38 am »

I finally edited it. Ahahhaha... -.-;
Color coding included. =3
Report Spam   Logged

Myrtle
Role Play Moderator
Role Play Expert

Role Play Name: Myrtle_Gail, Myrtle, Gail, Abigail
Began Role Playing: At Angelicum ^-^ Jin's Awesome

Anime Girl

View Profile WWW